Thank you for visiting our website. This policy describes how your data is handled in accordance with Art. 13 of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
The body cited in the legal notice is responsible for the data collection and processing described below.
Storage of IP address and usage data
We temporarily store the IP address transmitted by your web browser strictly for the purposes of recognising, limiting and eliminating attacks on our websites. We delete or anonymise the IP address when the storage period of a maximum of seven days comes to an end.
When you visit our websites, “usage data” is temporarily stored on our web server as a log for statistical purposes in order to improve the quality of our websites. This data set consists of the
- page from which the file was requested,
- name of the file,
- date and time of the query,
- amount of data transferred,
- access status (file transferred and file not found),
- description of the type of web browser used,
- IP address of the requesting computer, which is shortened so that a link to a person can no longer be established.
The above-mentioned log data is only stored anonymously. We never use the collected data for the purposes of drawing conclusions about you.
2. Data transfers to third parties
Data transfers to third countries
In some cases, we transfer personal data to a third country outside of the EU. We have ensured there is an appropriate level of data protection in each case:
For the purposes of website analysis, data is transferred anonymously to Google Analytics (USA). In the case of the USA, an adequate level of data protection is ensured through participation in the Privacy Shield agreement (Art. 45 (1) GDPR). More detailed information is provided in section 4.
4. Tracking tools
You can object to the processing at any time. Please use one of the following options for this:
You can also prevent the collection of data generated by the cookie and related to your use of the website (including your IP address) by Google and the processing of this data by Google by clicking on the link below (http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=de) and installing the browser plug-in.
5. Social media plugins
Our website also offers the option of interacting with various social networks via plugins. The linked ads on the following social media are placed by our parent company, Glencore plc, Baarermattstrasse 3, CH-6340 Baar.
- Facebook, operated by Facebook Ireland Ltd, 4 Grand Canal Square, Grand Canal Harbour, Dublin 2, Ireland
- Linked In, operated by LinkedIn Inc., 2029 Stierlin Court, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA
- YouTube, operated by YouTube LLC, 901 Cherry Avenue, San Bruno, CA 94066 USA
- Instagram, operated by Instagram LLC, 1601 Willow Rd, Menlo Park CA 94025, USA
- Slide Share, operated by LinkedIn Inc., 2029 Stierlin Court, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA
- Twitter, operated by Twitter Inc., 1355 Market Street, San Francisco, USA
- Flickr, operated by SmugMug Inc, 67 E. Evelyn Ave, Suite 200 Mountain View, California, USA
When you click on a plugin of one of these social networks, it is activated and a connection to the respective server of this network then established. We have no influence on the scope and content of the data transmitted to the respective operator of this social network by clicking on the plugin.
6. Security measures
To protect your data from unwanted access as comprehensively as possible, we have numerous technical and organisational security measures in place. Our security measures are continuously being improved in line with technological developments on the Internet.
7. User rights
When processing your personal data, the GDPR grants you certain rights as a website user:
1. Right of access (Art. 15 GDPR):
You have the right to request confirmation as to whether personal data concerning you is being processed; if this is the case, you have the right to be informed about this personal data and to receive the information that is listed in detail in Article 15 GDPR.
2. Right to rectification and erasure (Art. 16 and 17 GDPR):
You have the right to request without delay the rectification of any inaccurate personal data concerning you and, where applicable, the completion of any incomplete personal data.
You also have the right to request that personal data concerning you is erased without delay, provided that one of the reasons listed in detail in Article 17 of the GDPR applies, e.g. if the data is no longer required for the purposes pursued.
3. Right to restriction of processing (Art. 18 GDPR):
You have the right to request the restriction of processing if one of the conditions listed in Art. 18 GDPR applies, e.g. if you have objected to the processing, for the duration of any review.
4. Right to data portability (Art. 20 GDPR):
In certain cases, which are detailed in Art. 20 GDPR, you have the right to receive the personal data concerning you in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format or to request the transmission of this data to a third party.
5. Right to object (Art. 21 GDPR):
If data is collected on the basis of Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f (data processing for the protection of legitimate interests), you have the right to object to the processing at any time for reasons arising from your specific situation. We will then no longer process the personal data unless there are demonstrably compelling legitimate grounds for the processing which override the interests, rights and freedoms of the data subject, or the processing serves to assert, exercise or defend legal claims.
6. Right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority
Pursuant to Art. 77 GDPR, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority if you are of the opinion that the processing of data concerning you violates data protection regulations. The right to complain may in particular be exercised before a supervisory authority in the member state of your residence, place of work or place of the alleged infringement.
8. Data protection officer contact details
Our company data protection officer will be happy to provide you with information or suggestions concerning the subject of data protection:
If you contact our data protection officer, please also indicate the responsible office in the imprint.